Macon Amateur Radio Club
MACON AMATEUR RADIO CLUB CONSTITUTION
As Approved on 10/15/2009
I. NAME This club shall be known as Macon Amateur Radio Club (MARC), herein after called "The Club."
II. PURPOSE The purpose of The Club is to foster participation in amateur radio among the residents of the city of Macon, Georgia, and surrounding areas, especially with regard to the following:
1. To facilitate the exchange of information and general cooperation among members.
2. To promote communications-electronics knowledge.
3. To encourage and assist persons interested in becoming licensed amateur radio operators.
4. To promote fellowship, individual operating efficiency and courtesy.
5. To provide emergency communication personnel and facilities in times of emergencies, disasters, and public-service events requiring communications support.
6. To conduct such club activities and programs as to the membership may seem appropriate to promote the general interest of the members and serve to the advancement of amateur radio.
III. OTHER ACTIVITIES The Club shall not engage in any activity not in keeping with the above purpose.
IV. MEMBERSHIP Only FCC licensed amateur radio operators will be accepted into full membership in The Club.
V. CLUB ORGANIZATION
1. Officers shall be as follows:
e. Trustee of Club Station (Station Licensee)
2. Except for the Trustee of Club Station, all club officers are elected by the membership and shall hold office for one year, coinciding with the calendar year (January first through December 31st.)
3. The Trustee of Club Station is an appointed not an elected officer.
4. The term of office of the Trustee of Club Station is indefinite and will end only when the Trustee of Club Station resigns, is removed from office, or is replaced by an appointment by the President, with the advice and consent of the membership.
5. Officers may serve consecutive terms if so elected by the membership.
VI. OFFICIAL DUTIES
a. Shall be the executive officer of The Club, and shall preside at all club meetings or arrange for the Vice-president to do so.
b. Shall appoint all committees except those designated in the section regarding the Club Station Committee (see 5c, below).
c. Shall direct the work of the officers, and with the help of the Vice-president, direct the work of all committees.
d. May call special meetings to do so.
e. Shall ensure that the purposes and functions of The Club are accomplished and shall call for reports from officers and committees.
f. Shall sign all documents necessary for official representation of The Club, unless such signatory authority has been delegated to the Secretary or other appropriate club member.
g. Is ex-officio member of all committees.
a. Shall assume the duties of the President in the absence of the latter.
b. Shall work with the President on committee functions.
c. Shall have the responsibility to arrange for interesting programs to be presented at meetings throughout the year.
a. Shall take, and keep for club files, the minutes of all regular and special club meetings, and receive for file, minutes from all committee meetings.
b. Shall keep a mailing list of all members, retain Applications for Membership and read at each meeting any communications received by The Club since the last meeting.
c. Shall keep a record of attendance of members and guests at regular and special meetings.
d. Shall prepare and transmit such communications as necessary for conducting club business, as well as any correspondence that may be directed by the President.
e. Shall also keep a permanent file of all Club records and make reports from the records as called for by the President.
f. May delegate these tasks to another member if warranted by circumstances.
g. Shall preside over club meetings in the absence of the President and Vice-President.
a. Shall receive all dues and other monies and keep a record of dues payments.
b. Shall send out dues notices.
c. Shall make disbursements only on proper authorization.
d. Shall be accountable for all funds received and disbursed.
e. Shall make a current financial report when the President calls for such.
f. Shall preside over club meetings in the absence of the President, Vice-President, and Secretary.
5. Trustee of Club Station:
a. Shall be responsible for assuring that the operation of the station at all times complies with FCC Regulations, and that the licensing of the station is always in order.
b. Is the de facto club station licensee.
c. This office is Constitutionally tied with that of Chairman of the Club Station Committee and as such the officer may appoint persons of to serve on that committee.
d. The Trustee of the Club Station is the primary control operator for the Club Station and shall be the primary maintainer of the Club Station. The Trustee may appoint other persons to assist but shall remain the primary for each task. Any decisions regarding the Club Station shall not be made without the explicit coordination and consent of the Trustee.
e. Shall preside over club meetings in the absence of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
VII. DUES AND ASSESSMENTS It being a fact of life that no organization can be run without money, a system of dues and/or assessments shall be set up as covered in the By-Laws.
VIII. BY-LAWS The Club shall be governed under this Constitution and a set of By-Laws.
IX. AMENDMENTS Submitting a proposed amendment to the entire membership for a vote may amend this Constitution or the By-Laws. Details of this balloting are covered in the By-Laws.
X. INITIAL EFFECTIVE DATE AND
1. This Constitutional amendment is initially proposed to be voted on at the October 15, 2009 regular meeting and, if passed, will replace all previous club Constitutions.
2. Further, this Constitutional amendment is initially proposed in conjunction with a By-Laws amendment which, if passed, will replace all previous club By-Laws.
3. These amendments to the club Constitution shall only replace the current Constitution if the club By-Laws amendment dated October 15, 2009 also passes, and shall take effect immediately.